Through its services and its website www.equalture.com, Equalture B.V. (Equalture) processes privacy-sensitive or personal data. Equalture values your privacy and observes due care in processing and protecting personal data.
During the processing we stick to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy and cookie statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Equalture is the party responsible for data processing (data controller). In this privacy and cookie statement, we will explain which personal data we collect via our services, and for which purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Please note: When personal data from your Equalture account has been provided to an employer, this employer will be the responsible party (data controller) for further use of the data during the recruitment procedure and employment, and the inclusion of your data in its own systems. Please also see its privacy statement, and/or contact the relevant employer for more information on how your data is processed.
This privacy and cookie statement was last amended on [30 December 2017].
Use of personal data
We use the following personal data, which you provide to us when you create an Equalture account or use our website:
- first name;
- last name;
- residence (city + country);
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- resume, including information on previous work experience, education and skills;
- motivation letter;
- degree transcripts;
- results of psychological tests;
- any personal data which you provide to us via an e-mail or contact form.
We use the data collected via the for the following purposes:
- providing your data to the relevant employer when you apply for a job;
- including your resume in a searchable database, so you can be found by employers (if you have given your consent for this);
- analysis and improvement of the services of Equalture;
- notifying you when Equalture launches;
- responding to any questions or requests.
Provision of your data to employers
Equalture will provide your personal data to an employer at which you wish to apply for a job.
During the first application round, only the following will be provided:
- resume, including information on previous work experience, education and skills;
- results of psychological tests.
Your name, gender, age, and nationality will only be provided to employers when you have been selected for the second phase of the recruitment procedure. Equalture’s services work in this manner, in order to avoid as far as possible any biases which might play a role in this procedure.
If you have given your consent to include your resume in a database which can be searched by employers (who use Equalture), you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings in your account. Your resume will then not be accessible anymore for employers others than the ones at which you apply. This does not affect the legality of the use of your data before you revoked your consent.
In providing its services, Equalture makes use of the following third parties, to which your data will be provided:
- web developers;
- IT service providers;
- hosting providers.
These parties will only process personal data under the instructions and responsibility of Equalture, and not for their own purposes. The parties may be based outside the EU. If personal data is transferred outside the EU, the privacy law requirements for doing so have been fulfilled. For example, because Equalture has concluded EU model contract clauses to agree with these parties on how they deal with personal data. Or, if the relevant party is established in the United States, this party is Privacy Shield certified.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- logical access control, using strong passwords;
- physical access control;
- automatic logging of all actions regarding the personal data;
- encryption of digital files containing personal data;
- organisational measures for access control;
- secure network connections via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or similar technology;
- purpose-related access control;
- controls of authorizations granted;
- tests of the security measures.
The data we collect via our services is retained by us for one year after the last activity in your account. For information on how long an employer retains your personal data, please contact or view the privacy statement of the relevant employer. If you send us a message via a contact form or via e-mail, we will retain your data for six months.
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Cookies will only be placed after you have given your consent for this. You can remove cookies via your browser settings.
Processing of personal data via Squeezely
We make use of the Squeezely data management platform (the Platform) for our advertising.
The Platform enables us to buy, sell, and analyze advertising, including interest-based advertising, using realtime bidding; and to apply on-site optimization and sending commercial e-mails. Squeezely collects and uses the following personal data on its data management platform (the Platform), on behalf of us:
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- sales location
- user ID;
- IP address;
- information about browser and operating system;
- unique identifier assigned to your device;
- url of the web page visited, including any header information;
- geographic location;
- actions performed within a web page;
- information derived from content of a web page;
- any derivative of the above;
- information collected via online forms;
- information collected via other sources.
We collect the information via cookies, beacons, tags, mobile SDKs and similar technologies. Information stored in the platform is retained in the Platform in non-aggregated form. Aggregated data is used for reporting and analysis of our advertising, and this is also stored in the Platform.
Squeezely can also use the Platform in the following ways:
- Squeezely can use the Information to enhance the Platform;
- Squeezely may act as a customer of the Platform to advertise its business.
In such cases, Squeezely is the party responsible for the processing of Personal Data (Squeezely is then the Data Controller). Squeezely only processes data for its own purposes when it has a valid legal basis to do so, such as your consent.
Purposes of processing
We use the personal data collected via the Squeezely platform for the following purposes:
- interest-based advertising;
- limiting the number of times a user sees a particular ad;
- showing ads in a particular sequence;
- customizing ads to a particular geographic region;
- showing ads related to the content of the web page on which they are shown;
- determining when users respond to ads;
- analyzing product preferences;
- adapting website content according to your interests;
- sending commercial e-mails;
- reporting aggregated statistics regarding, for example, the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns.
Which information does Squeezely share with third parties?
Squeezely can share personal data with third parties in either of the following circumstances:
- Squeezely makes uses of third parties (called sub-processors) which are necessary for providing its
- For example, a hosting provider or software developer;
- Squeezely will only analyse data for its own purposes, such as enhancing its services, when it has
- obtained a valid legal basis, such as consent, for this. Squeezely will only share Personal Data with
- third parties for its own purposes (or those of a third party) when both Squeezely and the relevant
- third party have a valid legal basis to do so, such as your consent;
- Squeezely may disclose Personal Data regarding malicious or unlawful activity, or invalid traffic, to its
- client and/or competent authorities, when it is legally required to do so;
- Squeezely may transfer Platform Information to a successor entity in connection with a corporate
- merger, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change.
You can opt out of Squeezely Information collection, by clicking on the following link: a href="https://squeezely.tech/optout">https://squeezely.tech/optout By clicking this link, you opt out of selected ads for your browser based on your browsing behavior. When you opt out, an opt out cookie will be stored in your web browser. The Platform will know the choice you have made when it sees your opt out cookie and will apply your choice to all third parties using the Platform. If you block or delete the opt out cookie, the Platform will not be able to recognize your opt out. Squeezely takes the following security measures to prevent misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data:
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password;
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and login token;
- after receipt, the data will be stored in a separate partition of the database;
- physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored;
- secure connections (Secure Socket Layer, SSL) to encrypt all information between you and Squeezely
- when entering your personal data;
- logs of all requests for personal data.
We do not store data longer than necessary for providing our services.
This statement is not applicable to third-party websites connected to this website through links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a secure and careful manner. We recommend you read these websites’ privacy statements before making use of these websites.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Your rights relating to your personal data
You have the right to request for inspection of your personal data. You can request for correction or deletion of your personal data, when the data is incorrect or no longer relevant. You have the right to object against the processing of your personal data. If you would like to do so, please use the contact information below.
If you are of the opinion that your personal data is processed in a manner contrary to applicable privacy rules, you can let us know via the contact information below. However, you also have the right to submit a complaint with the relevant data protection authority (for the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
For information or requests regarding the use of your personal data by an employer, please contact the relevant employer.
Contact information Equalture
3032 AC Rotterdam