Through its services and its website www.equalture.com, Equalture B.V. (Equalture) processes privacy-sensitive or personal data. Equalture values your privacy and observes due care in processing and protecting personal data.
During the processing we stick to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation. This means we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy and cookie statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first, ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your rights, for example, the right to access, correct, or delete your personal data held by us.
In this privacy and cookie statement, we will nform you about the personal data processing by Equalture and your privacy. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Please note: When processing personal data Equalture acts as a processor, unless indicated otherwise. When personal data from your Equalture account has been provided to an employer, this employer will be the responsible party (data controller) for further use of the data during the recruitment procedure and employment, and the inclusion of your data in its own systems. Please also see its privacy statement, and/or contact the relevant employer for more information on how your data is processed.
This privacy and cookie statement was last amended on [April 19 2021].
Use of personal data
We use the following personal data, which you provide to us when you create an Equalture account or use our website:
- first name;
- last name;
- residence (city + country);
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- previous work experience, education and skills;
- results of neuro-assessment games;
- any personal data which you provide to us via an e-mail or contact form.
Purpose of data processing
We use the data collected via the for the following purposes:
- providing your data to the relevant employer when you apply for a job;
- including your resume in a searchable database, so you can be found by employers (if you have given your consent for this);
- analysis and improvement of the services of Equalture;
- notifying you when Equalture launches;
- developing new assessments;
- responding to any questions or requests.
Provision of your data to employers
Equalture will provide your personal data to an employer at which you wish to apply for a job.
During the first application round, only the following will be provided:
- resume, including information on previous work experience, education and skills;
- results of psychological tests.
Your name, gender, age, and nationality will only be provided to employers when you have been selected for the second phase of the recruitment procedure. Equalture’s services work in this manner, in order to avoid as far as possible any biases which might play a role in this procedure.
If you have given your consent to include your resume in a database which can be searched by employers (who use Equalture), you can revoke your consent at any time by changing the settings in your account. Your resume will then not be accessible anymore for employers other than the ones at which you apply. This does not affect the legality of the use of your data before you revoked your consent.
We may use your personal data for other employers you apply to. We also may use your personal data to anonymize and do industry benchmarks. We act as a data controller when anonymize personal data.
Developing new gamified assessments
We are developing a new gamified assessment. Therefore, we carry out a validity study by looking for participants who complete the games and validated the assessment. For this purpose, we act as a data controller. We use your personal data to carry out an agreement. We also may use your race/ethnicity to check for any cultural biases which might play a role. We only do this with your consent. We retain your personal data until three months after completing the study.
In providing its services, Equalture makes use of the following third parties, to which your data will be provided:
- web developers;
- IT service providers;
- hosting providers;
- Cookie providers.
These parties will only process personal data under the instructions and responsibility of Equalture, and not for their own purposes. The parties may be based outside the EU. If personal data is transferred outside the EU, the privacy law requirements for doing so have been fulfilled. For example, Equalture has concluded that the EU model contract clauses agree with these parties on how they deal with personal data.
We are aware of the EU Court of Justice ruling of 16 July 2020 with implications for the transfer of personal data. We value your privacy and are trying to do everything we can to come up with an appropriate solution. If there is a suitable solution, we will inform you about it via this privacy and cookie statement. Do you have any questions about the processing of your personal data? Please contact us via the contact details in this privacy and cookie statement.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- logical access control, using strong passwords;
- physical access control;
- automatic logging of all actions regarding the personal data;
- encryption of digital files containing personal data;
- organisational measures for access control;
- secure network connections via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or similar technology;
- purpose-related access control;
- controls of authorizations granted;
- tests of the security measures.
The data we collect via our services are retained by us for one year after the last activity in your account. During this year we may also use your personal data for other employers you apply to.
For information on how long an employer retains your personal data, please contact or view the privacy statement of the relevant employer. If you send us a message via a contact form or via e-mail, we will retain your data for six months.
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Cookies will only be placed after you have given your consent for this. You can remove cookies via your browser settings.
This statement is not applicable to third-party websites connected to this website through links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a secure and careful manner. We recommend you read these websites’ privacy statements before making use of these websites.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any changes.
You can always contact us if you have any questions regarding our privacy and cookie statement. Besides that, you have to the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong;
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us, or against direct marketing;
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we processed of you.
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party;
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to revoke your consent, when we process your data with your consent.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we will ask to identify yourself. How this identification will take place, depends on the personal data that is being processed by us.
We will usually comply with your request within 30 days. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way or if you are unhappy about the way in which we process your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the authority. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Contact information Equalture
3011 TG Rotterdam